I purchased a spa treatment through them for my birthday. On their website they claimed to have thousands of spas to choose from so I was really looking forward to being pampered and having a nice birthday.

When I called in with my voucher I was told that in the entire city of Austin, they actually only had one spa in network. So not only did I not get to choose my spa but I didn't even get to choose the time of day of the appointment. I told them the day I was available and was told that they would call me back with an appointment time.

Two weeks later the day of my appointment was approaching and I still hadn't heard back from them, so I called back to find out that this particular spa wasn't accepting new appointment for several months. I was then told I would get a call back once an alternative for me was found, which ended up being the Four Seasons hotel spa. I was then told they would email me the gift certificate for the spa in time for my appointment on the 17th of January.

It is the 17th and I just got the gift certificate, and it is for the wrong spa. I now have an appointment I can't go to because my gift certificate is for some place called orange blossom spa. Since it is a national holiday today they are closed for the holiday and unable to fix this.

I really wanted to like this service. And I was really patient working with them, but this whole experience has been a nightmare. I really just want a refund and to forget about all of this, but I don't see that happening.

Had an Experience with Great American Days?

Comments